Auchtermuchty Community Centre

All about our organisation

History

The Auchtermuchty Community Centre was offically opened in September 1990 by the local duo, 'The Proclaimers'. The Community Centre is a voluntary organisation with charity status and, as of the 2nd of March 2017, is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO). 

Now

The Centre receives grant funding from Fife Council that covers approximately 45% of the running costs (staffing, heating, lighting, insurances etc) the remaining 55% of costs need to be met by room bookings, activities run by the Centre, office services and fundraising.  

The Centre is managed by a group of locally elected volunteer trustees, supported by its office administrator, Emma, and caretaker, Gail.  If you'd like to join our group of Centre enthusiasts, please get in touch!

Jon Graham - Chair

I am a qualified electrician and head coach of Auchtermuchty Karate.  I have been a trustee of the Centre since 2017.  I have a keen interest in sport and in my spare time practice my karate, play bowls and enjoy outdoor activities - walking, fishing and camping.

I am keen to help the Centre develop its community spirit and make it the place to be in the community. 

Sarah Scarlett - Treasurer

    I moved to Auchtermuchty in 2013. I love the location and enjoy walking and birdwatching in the local area and along the Fife coast.  When indoors, I enjoy music, dressmaking and family history.  I have a background in business law. 

My goal is to ensure that the Centre continues financially sustainable into the future - working through, and looking beyond, the challenges brought about by Covid. 

Secretary - currently vacant

Can you join us?  Do you have an organisational mind?  Are you comfortable with technology?  The Secretary plays a vital role by organising meetings, taking minutes and making sure all the agreed actions are carried out.  if you are interested, contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Kim Wightman - Trustee

  I'm a mum to two small energetic boys who like to keep me on my toes!  When I'm not busy with my boys i work part tiem as an HR Administrator and have worked in HR for the past 12 years, and for the same company for the past 14 years.  In my spare time I like crafts, drawing and socialising with friends and children.

I really hope I can bring new things to the Community Centre as it's a valuable organisation in our local community.   

Moira Brown - Trustee

    Raised in Muchty, i love the town and all things connected to its past and present.  I enjoy my walks around here and can be seen out on the road most days!  Before i retired, I had a career in housing and homelessness support services.

Stacey Geddie - Trustee

   An American who calls Auchtermuchty home with her Scottish husband since 2019, I enjoy exploring our beautiful countryside while walking the dog, community cooking and helping those with special needs.  I have a background in office management and a degree in Therapeutic Recreation specialising in one on one support with those on the Autism Spectrum.  

Linda Langford - Trustee

    I am also involved in running the Tuesday lunch club, and being the treasurer of the Seniors Club, both of which I much enjoy.  As you can guess i love helping the older generation of Auchtermuchty.  

Polly Murray - Trustee

    I am a keen cook and enjoy teaching cookery in the community.  I work as a freelance kitchen designer and in my spare time like to garden and look after my grandchildren who live in Auchtermuchty.

Emma Smith - Office Administrator

   I have stayed in Auchtermuchty all my life - it's a great place to live and bring up a family.  I have three daughters, Elyse, Amelie and Aryia and bringing up these girls takes up most of my time.  I love being a Mum and am grateful that i have a part time job on my doorstep.

I have been working at the Centre for just over 3 years now, and am excited to be working with an expanded group of trustees, all of us coming together to make the Centre the best it can be.  

Click here to read or download the constitution of the Community Centre

Go to top